Learn How to Persuade, Influence and Communicate With People Even When You're Not in the Same Room
In today's business world, you often have to communicate with clients, teams, colleagues and vendors who are not in the same location with you. Whether you're a corporate executive or entrepreneur, small business owner or manager, you need a way to talk to and influence people who are geographically dispersed and remotely located.
And considering how expensive, time-consuming and annoying travel can be, presenting over the phone is often the best option for doing so, which makes it a vital career skill.
But presenting virtually over the phone can be challenging because you can't see your audience and know whether they are paying attention and are understanding you. And the audience loses part of your communication because they can't see your gestures or facial expressions.
In a new course, Virtual Presentations: How to Develop and Deliver an Effective Presentation Over the Phone, learn how to overcome these challenges so you can create and deliver a presentation over the phone with confidence that achieves the desired result, whether it's to:
• persuade clients and close a sale
• share crucial information with your team
• establish priorities with your vendors
After going through this course, you know how to present over the phone so you can:
• Boost sales by closing more deals over the phone
• Boost productivity by avoiding the waste of time and rework caused by miscommunication
• Boost your career prospects by becoming known as the subject matter expert who can convey that expertise clearly over the phone
• Boost the reputation and reach of your company or business by engaging audiences throughout the country and the world
There's more to a successful virtual presentation than just picking up the phone and talking. In this course, learn the nuts and bolts of giving a successful virtual presentation:
Session #1: Virtual Presentations Essentials
Getting started with virtual presentations
• Why your career will hit a roadblock if you're smart but can't communicate your smarts over the phone
• Avoid the common mistake of confusing your audience by presenting before you have defined a clear message
• The Communication Golden Rule: learning to speak your audience's language
• Tips for organizing your content around your message
• Should you use slides for a phone presentation - or not (the answer may surprise you)
• Best practices for slide creation and delivery, if you must use slides
Your voice is all you have over the phone
• How to energize your voice to keep your audience engaged
• How to take care of your voice so you don't get hoarse
• The surprising reason why I don't recommend drinking ice water during your phone presentation
• Simple vocalizing exercises you can use to warm up your voice
• Using your voice to project authority whatever your age
• Borrowing breathing techniques from yoga and singing
Session #2: Confidence, Practice & Preparation
Confidence matters in virtual presentations
• Strategies for overcoming a lack of confidence
• How to deal with mild anxiety as well as mind-numbing fear
• Why acknowledging the voices in your head can increase your confidence
• Why sitting down may be the worst posture from which to deliver a presentation, and what I recommend instead
• Strategies for eliminating filler words such as "um" and "ah"
The importance of practice and timing
• Figuring out how long your presentation takes to deliver
• The fastest way to disrespect your audience and be branded as unprepared and unprofessional (many speakers do this!)
• The most difficult part of preparing a presentation (it's not what you think)
• Why you should be able to deliver your presentation in 6 seconds (yes, 6!)
• Why sitting at your desk thinking about your presentation is not practice
• The one thing you must do if you want to have a successful presentation
Session #3: Logistics, Q&A, Next Steps
Handling Q&A (Questions and Answers)
• How to do your homework and prepare for questions
• What to do if you don't know the answer to a question
• What to do if absolutely no one responds when you ask for questions (and how to prevent this from happening in the first place)
• Answering questions without going off topic and losing the audience's attention
• The worst way to end your presentation (probably what you'd normally do!)
Handling the logistics of the virtual presentation
• How to engage the audience so they resist the temptation to check email or browse Facebook
• Why you should always assume the mute button the phone is broken
• What to do if the phone dies, your laptop starts installing automatic updates or a group of people walk into the conference room while you're presenting
• How Gilda handled the situation when the phone line dropped during this teleclass
How to continue developing your virtual presentation skills
• Why copying someone else's presentation style can actually make you a worse presenter
• How to ask for feedback from trusted colleagues
• The worst feedback you can receive after a presentation (it's not what you think!)
• How to take advantage of every opportunity to practice
Format: Downloadable audio recordings and written transcripts of each session
Virtual Presentations: How to Develop and Deliver an Effective Presentation Over the Phone consists of 3 recorded, content-rich sessions of 45-55 minutes each - you receive both the mp3 recording and the written PDF transcript for each session.
You can download and listen to the audio recordings while you're commuting or exercising and read through the PDF transcripts on your computer or tablet and print them out to take with you.
Who is Gilda Bonanno?
The course instructor for Virtual Presentations is Gilda Bonanno. Gilda is a speaker, trainer and coach who helps people improve their presentation and communication skills so they can be more successful. She has worked with executives and entrepreneurs on 4 continents, from Chicago to Shanghai and Rio to Rome.
Gilda has a proven track record of sharing her know-how in-person and virtually with audiences around the world. The instructional videos on her YouTube channel have received over 700,000 views and her newsletter has reached subscribers in over 45 countries since 2008.
Through her customized and practical coaching, she has helped individuals ranging from CEOs to sales executives, entrepreneurs to financial advisors, medical professionals to non-profit leaders, be more effective in their in-person and virtual presentations.
Gilda is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), has a master's degree from Fordham University and holds an Advanced Business Certificate in Management from the University of Connecticut School of Business. Her background and real-world experience in corporate, academic, government, nonprofit and entrepreneurial environments allows her to help clients use their communication and presentation skills to solve business problems.
You'll know how to prepare for a high-stakes phone presentation
"Gilda has put together a very useful set of insights and reminders that
will help you deliver a presentation over the phone that gets the results
you want. Many of the factors she discusses that contribute to your success in this medium are not at all obvious. Your listening time will be well spent, because you'll finish feeling more confident and knowing exactly what to do to prepare for a high-stakes phone session."
Marcia Yudkin, Author, 6 Steps to Free Publicity and 15 other books
Don't wait any longer to conquer the challenge of presenting over the phone
After absorbing Virtual Presentations - How to Develop and Deliver an Effective Presentation Over the Phone, you have the confidence and knowledge to create and deliver a focused and engaging virtual presentation over the phone so your audience feels the connection, understands your content and remembers your message.
What is your investment?
$397 for Virtual Presentations - How to Develop and Deliver an Effective Presentation Over the Phone (which includes 3 audio MP3 recordings and 3 written PDF transcripts)
You do not need a PayPal account to pay online.
No need to wait to get started with Virtual Presentations
Once you pay, you'll instantly receive the links to download the MP3 audio recordings and the written transcripts.
If you are not satisfied with the product anytime within the year, simply let me know and you will receive a refund for the full $397.
Contact Gilda if you have any questions about this or other products
Customers who bought this item also bought Seven Things to Know to Present Like a Pro